Common problems an emergency plumber can help you with
One household problem that we tend to overlook is plumbing. Delaying repairs can cause a lot of inconveniences, and may even affect your water bills. Whenever you encounter plumbing and drain issues, it is important to find someone who will be able to promptly work on it. Your
should be able to do urgent repairs and be available to work on the following emergencies anytime:
- Gas smellsGas can cause injuries if it explodes. It is highly toxic and dangerous and can cause symptoms such as headache, nausea, and irritation of the nose and throat. It is even more worrisome in poorly ventilated areas, as you may get suffocated. If you suspect gas leaks or smell gas in your house, immediately turn off appliances that use gas. You should also open windows and doors to get rid of the smell. If it persists, an emergency plumber must be called.
- Burst water mainsFlooding is something you cannot ignore. This may indicate burst water mains, which may cause damage to your property and a spike in your water bill. Call a trustworthy local emergency plumber immediately to get it fixed. There are companies such as Buz Plumbing Services who can readily answer your call in case of emergencies.
- Blocked sewersIf you catch a whiff or notice sewage coming up through the pipes, you most probably need professional help. This means your sewer line has a blockage and it needs to be repaired so you can use your bathroom with no issues. To avoid hassle, seek professional help as soon as you can.
- No water from the pipesA severe leak or an issue with the mainline may be the culprit if you have no water coming out of your faucets. Having no water from your faucets can cause a lot of inconvenience to your family, so it is best to contact someone and get help as soon as possible.
- No hot waterThis usually isn’t an emergency, but it causes some problems for most homes. Calling in your local plumber is your best option, as emergency hot water repairs are considered standard service.
- Leaking pipesNever hesitate to ask for an emergency plumbing call-out, especially if the pipes suddenly leak, Call your plumber as soon as possible to solve the issue. You will be able to avoid further damage by shutting off the water main while you wait for your plumber to arrive.
- Running water soundsIf no one is using the kitchen or the bathroom but you still hear water running within your walls, you might want to call your plumber. Running water sounds may be an indication of hidden leaks that may cause a few hundred dollars’ worths of damage.